Powell 2014

Powell 2014

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Getting Down and Dirty

A Victor Emerges

I am well pleased to announce that on Saturday the 25 of Sept. with the help of several friends (Team Swill) I competed in my first organized race.  Now for the shocker, wonder of wonders, with no encouragement from me, someone invented my perfect race. Hereafter known as the Dirty Dash, it consists of a 10K in mountainous terrain, (that's 6.3 miles people) various obstacles, and MUD!! Let me just say that as much as I enjoyed running around the neighborhood pushing Lucy and Will in the stroller, it did not prepare me as I had hoped it would. Yet it was awesome, really a fun experience. Official time 1:30:51!!  Andrea and the kids made it up just in time to miss our finish but I slugged through the last mud hole again for their enjoyment and photographic history. 

A Kiss For Mud Man
Team Swill

No comments:

Post a Comment