Powell 2014

Powell 2014

Sunday, May 5, 2013

It's almots here!!!

No I'm not speaking of our soon to be overdue bundle of joy (although I probably ought to be).  The great endurance test of 26.2 miles, that is what I speak of.  I know it has been awhile since I posted and with good reason... I'M LAZY OK!  Training has been a interesting experience that started with rigid adherence to a training schedule for beginner marathoners.  I was doing fairly well until I ventured out in the snow to run 10 miles in early February.  I felt good considering that it was raining and snowing on me and my first outdoor run of the training.  Once I returned home and thawed out I found that my right foot was not feeling so well.  I rested it for a few extra days and tried a five miler resulting in only three miles and more pain. I transferred my training to the elliptical to attempt to keep up the rigor of my training but whenever I tried to run again the result was painful.  I determined that it must be my footwear (curse you tiny shoes).  I visited the local running authority and the result was a flashback to my younger days in the southern Missouri when a double-wide was the quest of the truly ambitious.
Just like that!!

That's right OVERSIZED LOAD coming through!!  I've always known I have a "sound understanding" but when they told me I needed double-wide shoes, really, 4E!!  I now rest at ease knowing that I can have my double-wide and still keep up the standards exacted by society.  It truly is a win win as I am able to run again without the pain and re-immerse my self in training.  Last week I ran my longest training run of the schedule, 20 miles, and I'm still alive. :)  If  you have spoken to me in the past few months none of this is news as I constantly yammer on about how many miles this week etc. but if you were wondering now you know and are none the brighter for it. 

Please note that if you hear an ominous thump thump thump accompanied by ripples in your nearby glass of drinkable liquid do not live in fear of such brutal creatures as T-Rex it may simply be me and my fat lard feet basking in the glory of outdoor exercise.  

No comments:

Post a Comment