Powell 2014

Powell 2014

Friday, November 5, 2010

All is Not Lost

Not a SPIKE, that there is a two point!!

As the pursuit of wild game drew to a close, and the sniping of critters seemed want to pass me by, I through a stroke of unplanned luck was released from work at 2:00 pm on the 21st of October to find, that on this the last day of the hunt, I had been gifted a small window of time. After considerable debate I struck out for a local canyon to seek the soothing balm of the successful hunt. Much thanks to Brad for considerable insight and precise directions to a location not 20 minutes from the house. I had scarcely crested the hill of opportunity and as I sought a place of comfort to rest my rear, I cast my eyes downward to see the twitching ears of an adolescent buck. So it is that less than 5 minutes into a hunt not 20 minutes from home I filled my first Mule Deer buck tag with a giant of epic proportions. Laugh not this fella tastes mighty fine, and may some day be the proud contributor to the legend of the jackalope.

P.S. The brotherhood of the traveling balls shall never forget!!       



1 comment:

  1. That poor little deer gave his life so the brotherhood could be formed!

    ReplyDelete