Powell 2014

Powell 2014

Saturday, August 17, 2013

LONGGGGGGGGGG Pause!

A quick look at the time stamp would reveal that I ought not be blogging at the moment but I thought I'd jot down a few words before I shut down my window to the electronic world. 

Why am I feeling the need to publish my thoughts?  It may be that I just finished the movie 42 (just made it to Red Box therefore being a parent I can watch it form the economic safety of home) and found it to be a thrilling account of strength and courage.  Possibly that feeling of gratitude for greatness allowed a bit of reflection as I wrapped up the house with the usual late walk through I checked on the sleeping kiddos.  This has become a favorite task for me as I feel so close to the little monkeys when I hover over them like a creepy monster from their nightmares and admire their resting perfection.  Kids really are at their best when they sleep!  Why do I ramble so?  I just saw quite clearly that my little girl is not so little and felt quite pointedly that as time accelerates she will be further from little and these times will be behind us.  My point is possibly lost in that my now muddled mind is searching for the importance of this post.  I believe that I mean simply to say that I love this being a Daddy ting and I know that I will look back in the not too distant future and miss it terribly.
Just look at them!
This picture was taken today as I had the oldest three out practicing their soccer skills.  We apparently lost our minds and signed up Lucy and Will for rec. league soccer.  I don't know how it will turn out (except the trophy that signifies nothing) but today it was worth it, so bring it on.  It's a great day to be a dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment